Monday, February 25, 2013

Monday Madness


After a lovely weekend, I have plenty to download.  Enjoy the random bullet points of thought going through my brain this morning...

  • I am SO sore from the core work I did on Friday. It was the good sore on Saturday. Today it is an annoying sore. I did core work...why the eff do my inner thighs and shoulder blades hurt like a mo fo?
  • Saturday night I went to a going away party for a college friend.  It was at a bar. Like the noisy, meat market, country music karaoke in between dance songs kind of bar. I haven't been to one in years. All 20 of our classmates were invited and only 3 showed up. I'm mildly disappointed in them. We all claimed to be there for each other and never lose touch but here it is, two months later and people can't be bothered to some say farewell to a dear friend. Anyway, I had 2 drinks total and danced like I did in my early 20s. It was a blast! Now that I think about it, that's likely why my inner thighs hurt. Dancing like that in 5 inch heels...um, yea. I got home at 2 am. It was delightful, but I am too old for that crap.
  • Vacation is just 5 weeks away.  I'm dying of excitement. I want to get out of town so badly! (I know the pic says 4 weeks...but I messed up..and corrected it...but was too lazy to take another picture.)
  • I've started weighing myself twice a week. Monday's and Thursday's.  Reason: I forget all my goals on Saturday and Sunday and am super focused during the week.  By Thursday the scale shows a beautiful number and on Monday is it up from there.  Which is why I am floating in between 152 and 150 each week, but never going below 150. That being said, I can see changes in the shape of my body from the elliptical work I have been doing, so I am okay with it.  Still....I want to be below 150 if I am putting on a swimsuit. Especially a bikini.
  • So a good friend's sister whom I have known her whole life has decided to start losing weight. She signed up for a gym and MyFitnessPal, which is great. But that's where the greatness stops.  She has lost 19lbs in 2 weeks. She eats 100 calories a day, and burns over 800.  I have sent her several notes telling her to slow down, focus on being healthy, and work on a plan that is maintainable not a crash diet. She told me that since she takes several vitamins a day what she is doing is completely healthy, and she is in nursing school so she knows this as fact. I told her "Well, its your body, destroy it if you want to. But you will never maintain your goals with that approach." I was then immediately blocked on FB and MFP.  Which makes me laugh. SO mature. Whatever. I know her well enough to know that this is just a phase she is going through.  Just like her jewelry making "business" and "equestrian training" she will get bored and quit. Which is sad because she is obese and does need to lose weight, it is good because what she is doing is even more unhealthy than being large (in my opinion). 
  • On Friday I will post about my #FoodiePenPals experience. I'm going to start drafting that blog tomorrow as it won't be polite and it will take several edits to remove the Bitch-factor.
  • I love Trader Joe's. Like LOVE.  We went for the first time last Sunday, and again yesterday. I have their pre-made salads for lunch all this week, plus lots of other goodies for dinner.
  • This weeks menu:
    • Monday: Shrimp salad for lunch. Broccoli Beef with brown rice for dinner. (Elliptical)
    • Tuesday: Santa Fe salad for lunch. Grilled chicken with Cheese Tortellini & tomato sauce for dinner. (Elliptical)
    • Wednesday: Lunch will be fruit with yogurt & hard boiled eggs. Taking the Man to my favorite Lebanese restaurant for dinner. (This will be my splurge meal of the week.)
    • Thursday: Greek salad for lunch.  Spinach, feta, and red pepper stuffed flank steaks with roasted potatoes for dinner. (Elliptical)
    • Friday: Another salad for lunch (forgot what flavor). Leftovers for dinner. (Elliptical)
    • Saturday: Late lunch/early dinner at fave BBQ restaurant followed by shoe shopping. (Elliptical)
    • Sunday: Corned Beef & Cabbage in the crock pot.
  • Speaking of the elliptical.  I need a nag buddy. I got on it Monday, Wednesday & Thursday last week. Meant to get on it Friday...did ab work instead. Said I would do it Saturday and didn't.  Promised I would do it Sunday and didn't. I'm a liar. This week I WILL haul my ass up there 4 days. I should really do the ab video that I found on Friday too.
Have a great week everyone!  XOXOX

No comments:

Post a Comment